The purpose of this study is to evaluate the accuracy of participants imaging versus staging procedures. The investigators will consent subjects that are scheduled to undergo staging procedures to diagnose malignant pleural mesothelioma (including pleuroscopy, bronchoscopy, endobronchial ultrasound and laparoscopy) as part of their standard of care.
|First Received Date||November 20, 2015|
|Last Changed Date||December 19, 2016|
|Start Date||November 2015|
|Anticipated Primary Completion Date||December 2018|
|Primary Outcome Measures||
Accuracy of surgical staging versus imaging procedures based on surgical findings. [Time Frame: 2 years]
|Study Arms / Comparison Groups||0 / 1|
|Ages||18 Years - N/A|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
Karlyn Pierson, RN
- Subject provides informed consent
- Subject is >18 years of age
- Subject is deemed competent for making medical decisions
- Subject is scheduled to undergo a staging pleuroscopy
- Subject is a surgical candidate
- A negative pregnancy test is required in women of child-bearing potential, as standard of care.
- Subject is <18 years old.
|Verification Date||December 2016|