The purpose of this study is to determine whether radiation therapy decreases tumor size and tumor spread. The investigators will consent subjects that have been diagnosed with mesothelioma and will undergo radiation therapy followed by surgical resection as their standard of care. The investigators will collect data from past and future medical records as well as data regarding their health status for their lifetime by reviewing life status, treatment status and CT scans.
|First Received Date||November 20, 2015|
|Last Changed Date||January 5, 2018|
|Start Date||November 2015|
|Anticipated Primary Completion Date||December 2018|
|Primary Outcome Measures||
Survival status upon review of patient records every 6 months [Time Frame: 2 years]
|Ages||18 Years - N/A|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
Karlyn Pierson, RN
- Subject provides informed consent
- Subject is >18 years of age
- Subject is deemed competent for making medical decisions
- Subject is scheduled to undergo radiation followed by extrapleural pneumonectomy.
- Subject is a surgical candidate
- A negative pregnancy test is required in women of child-bearing potential, as standard of care.
- Subject is <18 years old.
|Responsible Party||Principal Investigator|
|Verification Date||January 2018|