The MCA BlogConnecting with others one story at a time
On Friday, September 25th, the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance will host its first annual Mesothelioma Awareness Day tweet chat. Mesothelioma Awareness Day is a day dedicated to raising awareness about this deadly and preventable disease.
During the tweet chat, participants can ask questions, dispel disease myths, and spread awareness in honor of mesothelioma victims. Nine year mesothelioma survivor Heather Von St. James will participate in the chat along with other advocates and community members. As a survivor, Heather encourages individuals to “Be a Voice for the Victims” by spreading messages of hope and awareness for those who can no longer advocate against this preventable disease.
How to participate:
- RSVP here for more information and a reminder email before the tweet chat begins.
- Invite your friends and followers by sharing this blog post!
- Follow the #MesoAwarenessDay hashtag on Twitter on Friday, September 25th at 1pm (EST).
- The MCA will kick off the chat by posting statements about mesothelioma, participants can then share if they think the statements are a myth or are a fact by mentioning us at @CancerAlliance and #MesoAwarenessDay.
- Feel free to ask questions and share your story during the chat, just be sure to use the #MesoAwarenessDay hashtag.
- We will be sharing highlights from the conversation on our blog the following week.
Resources for Mesothelioma Patients and their Families
- Request a Free Mesothelioma Treatment Guide
- Connect with Top Mesothelioma Doctors
- Locate the Nearest Comprehensive Cancer Center