Charleston, West Virginia
Located at the confluence of the Elk and Kanawha Rivers in Kanawha County, Charleston is the capital and largest city of West Virginia. It has an estimated population of 51,400, and is the county seat of Kanawha County. The Charleston community strives to be the cultural, recreational and business capital of the Appalachian Mountain region. Charleston is home to the 130th Airlift Wing of the West Virginia Air National Guard, Yeager Airport, and the University of Charleston.
Early industry to Charleston included salt and the first natural gas well. Later, coal became central to economic prosperity in the city and the surrounding area. Today, trade, utilities, government, medicine and education play the primary role in the city's economy. Notable companies headquartered in the Charleston area include Appalachian Power, Mountaineer Gas Company, and Charleston Stamping and Manufacturing. Also, the Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC) is a large complex of hospitals, which includes Charleston General Hospital and Charleston Memorial Hospital, located throughout Charleston.
Charleston, West Virginia has a history of manufacturing and industry at a time when asbestos-containing products were used extensively. Workers and others exposed to asbestos may be at risk for mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. Mesothelioma lawyers may also be able to assist you if you or a loved one were exposed to asbestos in Charleston.
Asbestos Exposure at Jobsites in Charleston
The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance has compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Charleston where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
- A & I Company
- Acands, Inc.
- Allied Services Incorporated
- Amherst Industries, Inc.
- Ap Green F B Company of Ohio
- Appalachian Power Company
- Ashland Oil & Refinery Company
- Atlas Storage Warehouse
- Baldwin Supply Company
- Barium Reduction Corp
- C&P Telephone Building
- Camc General
- Carbide & Carbon Chemical
- Carbide Maintenance
- Charleston Area Medical Center
- Charleston General Hospital
- Charleston Memorial Hospital
- Charleston National Plaza
- Columbia Gas Company
- Columbia Gas Transmission Corp
- Cultural Center
- Daniel Boone Hotel
- Dougherty Company, Inc
- Duekto Comm. Center Fault
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- Evans Supermarket
- Farm Bureau Siding
- Ford Motor Company
- Furnace Engineering Corp
- Gallipolis State Hospital
- Goodrich Gulf Chemical Company Institute
- Herbert J. Thomas Memorial Hospital
- International Nickel Company
- John Amos Powerhouse
- Kanawa Water and Light Company
- Kentucky Utilities Company
- Libbey-Owens Ford Glass Company
- Libby Owens Ford
- Monongahela Power Company
- Monsanto Chemical Company
- Nl Industries, Inc.
- Ohio Power Company
- Owens Illinois Glass Company
- Port Amherst
- Raleigh Junk Company
- True Temper Corporation
- Union Carbide Chemical Company
- United Engineering & Foundry Company
- United States Naval Ordnance Plant
- West Elementary School
- West Virginia Power Company
- West Virginia Statehouse
- West Virginia Water and Electric Company
- Westvaco & Food Machinery Corporation
- Westvaco Chemical Div.
- Westvaco Chlor Alkalai
- Wesvaco Chlorine Products Corporation
Mesothelioma Doctors near Charleston, West Virginia
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors that are located within a 100 mile radius of Charleston, West Virginia. Please click on a doctor link to obtain more information about his/her background, areas of expertise, professional affiliations, and office locations.
Dr. Nepal C. Chowdhury
St. Mary's Medical Center
St. Mary’s Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
2828 First Avenue, Suite 200
Huntington, WV 25702
Distance: 38.9 miles
Dr. Rebecca S. Wolfer
Marshall University Medical Center
University Surgical Associates
1600 Medical Center Drive, Suite 2500
Huntington, WV 25701
Distance: 42.1 miles
Filing an Asbestos Lawsuit in Charleston, West Virginia
Don’t lose your rights! If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos in West Virginia, you may be entitled to compensation. You may have limited time to file a claim. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma and have a pathology report in hand to support that diagnosis, you are eligible for financial assistance.
Asbestos Related News in West Virginia
West Virginia University will receive $730,000 as part of Joe Biden’s Cancer Moonshot Initiative. Learn more at the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance.