El Paso, Texas
Incorporated in 1873, El Paso is the sixth-largest city in Texas and the 19th-largest city in the United States with a population of nearly 650,000. Situated on the Rio Grande, across the border from Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico, El Paso is a city in and the county seat of El Paso County. The El Paso area's attractions celebrate the region's rich history and culture, as well as its natural resources of the Franklin Mountains and the Rio Grande.
By the early 1900s, El Paso had developed into the major manufacturing, transportation, and retail center of the Southwest. Following World War II, military expansion in the area, oil discoveries, copper refining, and trade with Mexico prompted rapid economic growth. Primary manufacturing industries in El Paso today include food production, clothing, construction materials, electronic and medical equipment, and plastics. In addition to manufacturing, tourism and education are significant drivers of El Paso's economy. Until 1996, El Paso was home to El Paso Natural Gas Company which relocated to Houston under the name El Paso Corporation. Fort Bliss, one of the largest military complexes of the United States Army as well as one of El Paso's largest employers, lies to the east and northeast of the city. Additionally, more than 70 Fortune 500 companies call El Paso their home including Hoover, Eureka, Boeing, and Delphi.
El Paso's history of manufacturing and industry, particularly at oil refineries and military base jobsites, makes asbestos exposure an ongoing concern. Workers and others exposed to asbestos may be at risk for developing mesothelioma cancer. Asbestos lawyers may also be able to assist you if you or a loved one were exposed to asbestos in El Paso, Texas.
Asbestos Exposure at Jobsites in El Paso
The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance has compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in El Paso where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
- Acme Laundry Company
- Alamogordo Lumber Company
- American Lumber & Treating Corporation
- American Smelting & Refinery Company
- Ap Green Refractories Company
- Asarco Inc
- Babcock & Wilcox
- Border Steel Mill
- Carter Lathing & Plastering
- Chevron Refinery
- Chevron Usa, Inc.
- City of El Paso Water Works
- City Water Department
- Cons. Kansas City S and R Company
- Consumers Ice and Cold Storage Company
- Copper Queen Cons. Mining Company
- Darbyshire-Harvey Iron and Machine and Company
- Daughters of Charity
- El Paso and Southwestern Company
- El Paso and Southwestern Railroad
- El Paso Brick Company
- El Paso Electric Company
- El Paso Electric Railway Company
- El Paso Ice and Refrigerator Company
- El Paso Milling Company Ltd.
- El Paso National Bank Building
- El Paso Natural Gas Company
- El Paso Power Station
- Erectors Constor
- Falstaff Brewing Corp
- Fluor Corporation
- Fort Bliss Army Base
- Frontier Roofing
- Galveston Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway Company
- Globe Ice and Cold Storage Company
- Harry Mitchell Brewing Company
- Hotel Dieu Hospital
- Ingersoll Sergeant Drill Company
- International Light and Power Company
- Landmark Station Powerhouse
- Mcnutt Oil Refining
- Newman Power Plant
- Newman Steam Plant
- Nichols Copper Company
- Pasotex Petroleum Company
- Peyton Packing Company
- Phelps Dodge Refining Corporation
- Providence Hospital
- Rio Grande Power Station
- Southern Pacific Railroad
- Southern Paperboard Company
- Southwestern Portland Cement Company
- Standard Oil Company of Texas
- Standard Oil of Texas
- Stone and Webster Agts.
- Sulphuric Acid Plant
- Swift Packing Company
- Texaco Oil Refinery
- United States Army War Department
- University Towers
- Western Gas Company
- William Beaumont General Hospital
- Willow Tree Apartments
- Wyler Industrial Works
Filing an Asbestos Lawsuit in El Paso, Texas
Don’t lose your rights! If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos in Texas, you may be entitled to compensation. You may have limited time to file a claim. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma and have a pathology report in hand to support that diagnosis, you are eligible for financial assistance.
Asbestos Related News in Texas
Within the past year, there has been a significant increase in the number of therapeutic clinical trials for mesothelioma cancer.
The city of Devine, Texas, has warned its residents that high levels of asbestos has been present in their drinking water for at a year or longer.